September 10, 2016
I just wanted to copy down some ideas for ships or ship styles that I will want to build in Starmade. I would like to say “soon”, but who knows how soon “soon” will be in this context? I am constantly delayed. Life must be lived.
- Another traincar or two. (I have completed a simple one. I am building for this contest.)
- An X-Wing/Millenium Falcon mash-up hybrid.
- A classical Buck-Rogers-themed remake of the Starship Enterprise. (Rumor has it that the design of the starship Enterprise was a flying saucer and three rocketships hooked up together with sticks, so that’s essentially what mine will be.)
- Updated version of the Aluminum Mallard. (My current version is pretty nice, but I want to try to build one with slabs. I’ve partially started, but my start was in a shipyard, so I need to re-start-over.)
- Updated version of my Theatrical Star-Trek-Style ship with rails. I intend to totally gut it and recreate it with more rail doors and rail-based turrets. (I hope to keep the outer shell and deflector emitter intact.)
- Updated version of my Clarke Explorer ship with rails. I should probably recreate this one from scratch, because I want to give it more, and more-integrated “fuel pods” that will contain system blocks, while making the ship look more like it should.
- In addition to building new BattleTech dropships, I also need to update my Leopard and Leopard CV dropships. (I should start over from scratch with the Leopard CV.)
- I was also going to build the outer shell for a ship”core” system (a torpedo launcher) that another player built and asked to be completed. He’s bound to be surprised by an update after all this time waiting.